Eaton Logo

Does Eaton's type 2 whole home surge devices require a dedicated breaker?

Yes, you have to use a dedicated 2 pole breaker for Eaton's type 2 devices. Eaton recommends that you use a 2 pole 50 amp breaker for the CHSPT2ULTRA and a 2 pole 15 Amp breaker for the CHSPT2SURGE.